This section is dedicated to import procedure from supplier website. First time the page is loaded, if all configurations are correct, will be shown a paged table containing all products available on the supplier.
This table can be filtered in many ways to select only requested products to be imported. Filters can be applied using Search button on the top right corner of the table.
Using Reset filters button the initial situation can be restored.
Note: Filters remain applied even if you navigate other pages of your Magento backend!
Columns shown in table are:
- Remote ID, Brand, Category, Subcategory: they identify some vital information of the product that will be transferred to Magento when importing; category and subcategory will populate the levels of the categories hierarchy of Magento, the brand attribute can be imported into an attribute that can be chosen in the BrandsSync setting page (see configuration section for more details).
- Imported: allow to filter imported/not yet imported products.
- Code: code associated to products on the supplier website, it will be mapped to the Magento SKU attribute.
- Availability: the current availability of each single product. This is the overall availability, sum of availabilities of all models under a definite product.
- Partner product: products with sales restrictions products with different values may not be allowed to be shipped together and/or may not be available for immediate shipping (ask you account manager for more details on values).
- Temporary Sale: products with special sales rules on the supplier website.
- Best taxable, Taxable, Street price: the price base choices given in the BrandsSync configuration.
- Proposed price: that is the price that will be imported as Magento sale price. (Depending on your plugin setting it may be the standard price or the special price).
- Image: shows a thumbnail of the main image of the product.
Interface gives possibility to filter by: Imported, Brand, Category, Subcategory,
Product code, Availability, Partner Product and Temporary Sale.
Whenever products to be imported are filtered (Search button has been pressed and
table has been reloaded), it is possible to select products to be imported with the
checkboxes on the left side or clicking on Select Visible to select all products
in the current result page. To import selected products choose Import action from
dropdown menu on the top right corner of the table and press Submit in order start
the import procedure. From the
1.0.0 version, the enlisted products are queued in a special database table and imported every 5 minutes in batches of 30 elements. You can track the progress of the procedure in the status page.
If Product Type is set as Grouped (by the configuration page), supplier products will be imported as a grouped products which will be shown on the website and a number of simple products associated to that grouped one, which are not visible on Magento website, and they can be chosen in product page basing on size attribute (information from the supplier website).
If Product Type is set as Configurable, supplier products will be imported as a single product with a drop-down lists of options for each variation, in which each option is actually a separated simple product with a unique SKU, which makes it possible to track inventory for each product variation.
Advice for version before
1.0.0: The import procedure on version
0.9.2 or before could take a long
time if executed on a large number of products (more than a 100) and it could result
in a 500 error from the webserver due to request timeout.
It is highly recommended to upgrade to
1.0.0 to solve this issue.