If you have not installed the extension yet, please go to the Install Procedure page.
Before being able to use the BrandsSync extension you need to configure it properly.
Before installing the plugin you have to purchase the Dropshipping service from Brandsdistribution.com and get the API Key. The API Key is required to synchronize your data with the shop, you can find the API Key in your user profile, in My Subscriptions panel.
The BrandsSync configuration can be edited in the System -> Configuration -> BrandsSync -> General Settins page of the administration interface.
All product, category and pricing settings (if not specified) will be effective only on new products or reimport of existing products.
Configuration is divided into two sections:
- Enabled: enable or disable the plugin functionalities.
- Select Integration Type: available integration types are Dropshipping or Remote Supplier. This has been discussed in Integration Workflow.
- Import Images: enable or disable image import from the supplier.
- Website URL: Website URL of the supplier you want to import products from and send orders to.
- API Key: API key given by your supplier associated to the account enabled to use the integration.
- Password: password associated to your supplier account enabled to use integration.
- Locale: locale in which categories and descriptions will be imported.
- Product Type: (available since 1.0.0) allow to set the imported products as Configurable or Grouped.
(Note: if this value is changed all products will be reimported and the prices will be updated accordingly to the settings below and any customization made on the imported product will be overwritten by the procedure)
- Brand Attribute: the Magento attribute where the product brands will be imported. See notes below for more details.
- Size Attribute: (available since 1.0.0) the Magento attribute where size informations are stored. See notes below for more details.
- Gender Attribute: (available since 1.0.0) the Magento attribute where gender informations are stored. See notes below for more details.
- Color Attribute: (available since 1.0.0) the Magento attribute where color informations are stored. See notes below for more details.
- Barcode Attribute: (available since 1.0.5) the Magento attribute where barcode/EAN13 informations are stored. See notes below for more details.
- Category Structure: (available since 1.1.0) the Category structure to be imported. 3 options are available.
- Option 1 is the default structure. It include categories -> subcategories like BrandsSync 1.0.x and 0.9.x versions.
- Option 2 includes category -> subcategory and gender -> categories -> subcategories.
- Option 3 includes category -> subcategory and gender -> categories -> subcategories and brands.
- Brand category: (available since 1.1.0) if Category Structure option include brand this configuration is available and you need to choose a first-level category that will be the parent category for each brand imported.
- Enable Verbose Log: the log text contains more detailed info. (Advice: Enable this option if you encounter bugs, this logs contains very useful information in case of errors)
Note: All the attributes must been created/edited into the Catalog -> Attributes ->
Manage Attributes. These attributes need to have scope Global, type Dropdown (except
barcode which needs to be TextField and Unique Value set to
Yes) and must be
included in the Default Attribute Set by Catalog -> Attributes -> Manage Attribute
Sets and drag and drop the attributes by the right box to the related categories.
Price Increase Management
- Select price base: choice of the price base for calculation of the final price. The possibilities depends on the 3 prices present in the product API call:
- Taxable: the price (without VAT) shown normally on supplier website
- Best Taxable: the price (without VAT) assigned to products that are currently in a temporary sale on the supplier (lower than taxable). If product is not in a temporary sale, taxable and best taxable prices are the same.
- Street Price: the price (VAT included) that appear barred on supplier website.
- Show barred street price: (available since 0.6.1) If selected, product price will be set to street price. Special price will be set according to markup rules specified below. If not selected, both price and special price will be set according to markup rules specified below.
- Conversion coefficient: (available since 0.6.1) If your shop doesn't use the same currency as the supplier you are integrating to you can set the conversion rate here.
- Tax class: the Magento tax class to assign to products which will be imported with the plugin. Tax classes are directly taken by declared Magento's tax classes, so the combo will be dynamic.
- Markup: the desired markup to add to the base price in automatic price calculations during the import procedure. Final price is calculated as base price + (base price * (markup / 100)).
- Round up prices: Gives the possibility to round up prices to the least bigger unit minus 1 cent (the price that ends always with .99 cents).